11 Jan 2016

Summing up the messaage of the Jubilee of Mercy

“The most important thing in the life of every man and every woman is not that they should never fall along the way. The important thing is always to get back up, not to stay on the ground licking your wounds. The Lord of mercy always forgives me; he always offers me the possibility of starting over. He loves me for what I am, he wants to raise me up, and he extends his hand to me. This is one of the tasks of the Church: to help people perceive that there are no situations that they cannot get out of. For as long as we are alive it is always possible to start over, all we have to do is let Jesus embrace us and
forgive us.”

- Pope Francis in "The Name of God is Mercy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.